Infection control is our top priority and as always, we follow all universal infection prevention measures recommended by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). The following new protocols have been put into action here in our office to protect our patients as well as staff from risks associated with COVID-19:
• Our office will communicate with you prior to your appointment to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again when you arrive in the office. If you or anyone in your family is feeling sick, please reschedule.
• When you arrive for your appointment, please call us to let us know you’re here before entering the office. When the clinical team is ready to seat you, we will call you to enter the office. To the greatest extent possible, we want to eliminate patients in our waiting room.
• Please wear a mask or face covering when you come to your appointment.
• We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places throughout the office for you to use as needed.
• We will be taking every patient’s temperature on arrival (if it is above 100.4 F, we will recommend you call your doctor and will reschedule your appointment)
• For the time being, appointments are being managed and lengthened to allow for social distancing/extra cleaning between patients. That will mean you’re offered fewer scheduling options but be assured we are doing our best to accommodate everyone.
• You will see some additional changes throughout the office for your protection. HEPA air purifiers have been placed in every room.